In the previous installment, we briefly discussed the various types and common features of digital signage and advertising. This time around, we are going to look at the various industries that have greatly benefited from taking the step toward digital technology and what they use their signage for.
As far as business goes, nearly any kind can benefit from investing in digital signage and advertising, but there are a few that we see it in more commonly.
- Hospitality is a major one, as their aim is always to maximize the customer’s experience and engage them in their brand while enjoying their services. Restuarants, bars, hotels, and casinos all understand the importance and appeal of this type of marketing and always want to stay ahead of the technology curve. Staying fresh and current in their advertising techniques keeps them fresh and current in the minds of customers, leading to positive reviews and repeat visits.
- Retail is another big player in the game, also trying to create an appealing and inviting environment for their customers to shop in. Attractive and well-designed digital displays can showcase the products in a way that nothing else can and engage the customer without them really even knowing it. The impression tracking software is even more important in this industry, as it can basically measure the amount of interest a target market has in a certain product just by viewing the advertisement.
- Education services and venues such as elementary schools, high school, colleges, and universities often have bright, large digital signs that effectively display their name and sometimes feature a smaller messaging center for campus updates, emergency alerts, and other important information. These signs are not only helpful for students who may need these pieces of information, but they also act as a landmark in their communities. It is just another way to get your brand, whatever the industry, in the minds of the customer or client.
- Healthcare services such as hospitals, clinics, fitness centers, and gyms use digital signage similarly to the way educational venues use it. They get a chance to showcase their name, as well as provide important information to those that need it. Emergency wait times, allergy warnings, new services, or whatever the message, it’s a way to ensure the community is aware and informed.
- Faith-Based venues were slowly moving toward digital signage for their locations, but now that has seemed to speed up quite a bit. More and more churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, gathering centers, and other places of worship are leaving their basic pylon signs behind and reaping the benefits of the digital age. Why manually change the church board message, when you can do it from the comfort of your home or office?
Now that we have covered some of the basic industries, here are the basic applications that these organizations use digital signage and advertising for.
- Wayfinding is essential in large spaces, such as casinos and hospitals, and digitizing your directory signage makes it a cinch when information needs to be updated or change completely.
- POP and POS displays are used across many industries and greatly benefit from digital technology. Purchase displays especially benefit, as their aim is to draw positive interest to their product.
- Menu Boards are mainly for restaurants and other food service venues, but can be adapted to display services instead, such as at an automotive shop or salon. It makes for quick and painless updates to prices, offerings, ingredients, etc.
- Welcome Boards are often found in visitor centers and places of worship and act as a doorman to greet each and every person that enters your doors.
- Message Centers are great for waiting rooms, break rooms, warehouses, or anywhere you need to communicate to-the-second information with customers and/or employees.
These are only a few of the applications digital signage and advertising can be used for, and there really is no limit to what else can be done. If you have any additional questions, or just want to get a quote on your digital signage project, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We can be reached at 651-633-2233, or if you prefer, by email at email@example.com.